Monday, August 14, 1995

Okay. Its 22:00 now and we’re on a bus to Cappadocia [sic]. It’s only 11hrs. no problem! Alrighty then, about yesterday. We ended up getting our laundry washed (all of it for about $2.00 altogether) around 10:30 after breakfast and MTV Europe. I watched the Soul Asylum video called “Misery” and it’s beautiful/ I love their lyric/ rhythm idea. C’est genial! Then we took a boat ride down the European side of Turkey and then stopped on the Asian side and got some waffles. I bought an awesome hat and we fed some baby cats some milk. It was the happiest time of the day.
We took the boat down the Asian side and got back around 6:30pm so it was off to Macdonald’s! We finished up and I left with a cone and ½ of my soda when just outside a little fucking beggar boy (they’re everywhere- stupid little bastards) latched onto my hand so I dragged him half a block before he let go. I gave him my soda which by that time was all ice anyways. At least I’ve got a home.
Went back to the hostile and tried to call Craig U. but no luck. So we went out for coffee and watch the Olympics with a room full of Brits and Australians so when we watched ourselves win 1st place for guys + girls 400m relay it was hard to hold back our cheer U.S.A. has the fastest man +woman in the world. Both black, of course. We went to bed early so I massaged Rachel to sleep because I felt so bad since we started taking about Kelli L. (god forbid) and it made her bored. I don’t blame her.
Today we got these bus tickets and breakfast and more MTV and headed off the the “Grand Bazaar.” I bought so much shit- things for Jeremy S., Floyd, Jay, and Craig U., and even a $200.00 rug for my parents. I got it for $160.00. In the states it’s about $500.00 so that’s cool. We bummed around (hit BK and MacDonald’s today!) and looked at Mosks [sic] some more before getting our bags and heading off for here. Turkey has helped me to appreciate this trip a little more but T&C aren’t helping at all. I’m sick of beggars and all the perverts here- all of them. Everyone with a dick. (And some without, I guess)
I’m sick of hearing car horns all day, and stepping in garbage and dog shit everywhere. But Acumba Mattada, hey?! What the fuck- I’m in Turkey man! Only 1 more week (hey- the clock in here reads 0:00! Kick ass! I kissed my watch for you Floyd! That must be totally fucking lucky! I’m sick of military time, but there’s no 12:00am- it’s zero o’clock here!) to enjoy it so I will!
I’m going to bed now, but Rachel taught me a shitload of French tonight, so that’s cool. C’est monstre genial! Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment