Tuesday, August 1, 1995

It’s August already! Well, if you like rain Brideise [sic] is the place for you! We ended up going out for pizza last night and it was really good! Afterwards we walked a little up the road be a mini-carnival and I won Rachel a little key chain so I felt good. We got some gelatto’s [sic] and sat down by the street and played songs on the jukebox. I played the Cure ‘Lullabye’ and ‘Babble’ and it felt so good to listen to The Cure while I’m in Italy for some reason. We also played U2 ‘Still Haven’t Found… and since there was a carnival in the background I felt like I was in the video. It seemed like a romantic night for me and Rachel for some strange reason, but I didn’t mind. I didn’t get much sleep last night either, and woke up to black skies and rain.
We went to Brindisi for a while but decided that it would be best to come back and swim. It was great! A guy tried to con Rachel into getting it on with his son, but I walked by just on time. She told them that I was her boyfriend- isn’t that great!? Everybody knows us here so we get strange looks everywhere we go. Nipple piercings don’t help, either.
Well, we’re going to eat more pizza, so Ta-Ta! Oh yeah, I had a portion of a cigarette last night and I told Rachel that I quit for her. She was happy but she didn’t even believe me at first. C’est vrai! I’m so lucky and happy to have her! Time to go poopy!
11:05pm
Well, another successful pizza night with ice cream gelato afterwards, not to mention The Cure again!
Tomorrow we finally leave for Greece where we actually get to see things again. For some reason I miss walking around, and even though I know I’ll regret saying that, it’s true. Sorry, I’m just talking stooped [sic] because I’m really tired. Rachel got to talk with some Swiss people before, so she was happy about that. I feel so sorry for her sometimes because I (we) know how she feels when we talk. You feel very left out. I feel that way a lot- like I’m just not pleasing her. I just wish that I could speak French because I would talk to her forever with it. But I’m just happy to speak a language with her.
Tara et Cliff are getting impatient with our mushiness, but I just tell them to fuck off- I had to watch them for 2 fucking months and then it was okay. But now it’s bad because it bothers them. Oh, it’s not funny anymore. Fuck off. I’m just starting to realize how much of this vacation is based on her. Some people see Europe for the sights and cultures, but I come to fall in like. That’s okay- I like to include her in all my thoughts- it’s not often that I get the chance to be with a girl. I’ll enjoy it while I can. Happiness doesn’t last forever, but I’m not asking for it that long anyways- just for one more month…
I’ finally starting to appreciate everything again because I sometimes lose the fact that I’m actually in Europe instead of shit-hole town.
I’ll just keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment