Sunday, August 6, 1995

Okay. It’s 1:00 am and I’m yet again on a fucking boat. Today we just bummed around Athens since there wasn’t a lot to see here anyway. We found a hostel last night and they gave me a free shot of OUZO before crashing. We left around 11:00am to see the Acropolis and it was really fucking cool! So much history… I got see the original Sphinx just like the one in “The Neverending Story” except a lot smaller. It dated back to 550bc!
Afterwards we hit a cool little flea market where I finally found a TS {Twisted Sister logo} patch! So nothing could make me happier than a “Royal Menu” so it was off to MacDonald’s for lunch/breakfast/ dinner. We just bummed around after that until we got to the port at around 8:00pm to wait for this fucking boat. I tried to get a hold of my parents but decided that they were at my grandmas so I called out at the lake. My grandma was happy to hear from me but said that my mom was gone camping with {my uncle} Mark and co. for the week. But all’s well back in the shithole.
There’s a shitload of people on this boat and I hope they’re all going to IOS so it won’t be crowded in San Torrini. There was a bum-rush onto this boat and the person next to me didn’t understand the concept of gravity so he plummeted into the murky depths below. Oh, so sorry! Too many fucking people!
The Zeller family found a place to stay but mom is having a hard time saying goodbye to her 20 yr. home. I feel bad for her, and I see how bat it affects Rachel because she talked to me about it. It feels so good to have somebody tell me their problems again because it reassures me that I’m not the only person who gets the shit end of life. I wish I could take all the pain but it just doesn’t work that way, I guess. I’m really getting excited for home again- a nice, warm bed, beaners, friends, coffee, guitar, friends, music, food, friends, the English language, possibly cigarettes, the band, and last but not least my friends. I realize that chances like these don’t come often, and I love traveling in general, but living in these conditions is the one thing I know I will not miss.

The Acropolis from afar

View from the Acropolis





I remember running back to take a picture of my "Neverending Story" Sphinx


Add caption

Rachel and I waiting for the ferry to San Torrini

No comments:

Post a Comment