Friday, August 11, 1995

It’s 2:45am (actually the 12th) and we’re on a fucked up train to Turkey. If I had known it was going to be this shitty of a ride I would have been on my way to Switzerland.
Okay. Yesterday we arrived in Thessaloniki at about 4ish and walked into MacDonald’s. It was like a dream to see those arches. We found a hostel and took our cold showers (the 1st since PP) and never left until I went to make a phone call to Floyd. He told me Bob is getting fucking married on Sept. 14th? That’s fucking crazy! So I called Bobby and congratulated him and blah blah. I guess nobody’s hanging out anymore- Mykk & Christina are doin’ their own thing, and Phish and Mel aren’t talking. Why does this always fucking happen? Tried calling Craig U. and Jay but neither of them were home. I called grandma and my parents put $600 in. Yahoo! I can eat!
Today we got up and out around 11:00am and headed to MacDonald’s again before hitting the bus station. We got on the train at 2:30pm and have been going ever since. Greek trains just completely suck. They are so damn wobbly and smell like shit & piss. Got woken up at 2:00am and got our passports taken twice. They demanded American money for paying for a visa but the train station didn’t have dollars so we had to get Deutsche Marks. Nobody’s very happy here. We all just want to go home, but I fear about years of flashbacks in middle of the night that my passport is missing. I’m sick of showing passports and train tickets everywhere I fucking go. I hate bread & cheese and water, and I have a wonderful collection of warts on the bottom of my feet. Souvenirs from either Italy or Greece. One of those shitty countries.
Good news today, though. Today I smiled. Jerry Garcia is dead! He died Wednesday morning at a drug treatment center (who’d have thought?). That’s one good thing about being away from the states right now. U.S.A. must be turned upside down. Little pussies. “We dropped our jobs to follow the dead 10 year ago and now I forgot to read and write.” HALLELUIAH! Well, that’s one good thing about today. That’s all.

No comments:

Post a Comment