Wednesday, August 9, 1995

The daze are going nice and fast- the End Is Near!
Okay, recap. On the 7th we went camping at a place with a pool and everything, so after taking a dip and a shit we went into town and rented mopeds for 24 hours. They were 90cc’s instead of my 50cc so it was fast. 1,500 drack marks [sic] each ($6.00) for me and Rachel to share one. So after some gyros we drove out to the middle of nowhere and went down the side of a cliff to watch the sunset. It was so beautiful because there were 2 more islands in front of us and the sky was all orange. It was the first time I had completely watched the sun disappear.
We layed [sic] and kissed until dark and went back up to go back. At the top we saw a huge fire and it scared me at first, but it was just a junkyard. We got back and slept, because in the morning we wanted to see the other end of the island. We did. And we even found a secluded spot by the shore and we went swimming. It was a real shame that we didn’t have our swimsuits because we had to go without our clothes on. Damn.
We headed back to the bike shop, but stopped to write our names with white rocks on the side of a brown mountain. It was tradition! We brought the bike back and walked to the town for more gyros. At this time (1:30pm) I had eaten 11 gyros on the last 36 hours. They are my “European beaners”!!
We spent 3 hours trying to find the right but and when we finally made it back Tara and Cliff decided that they wanted to leave now. This was the point where I had officially declared myself sick and utterly disgusted with Tara and Cliff. I was so pissed. I just wanted to swim and sleep, but no, my opinions don’t mater this summer, so boom, we go.
We just made it onto the boat, and one and a half hours later we were in Ios. T&C decided to sleep outside so me and Rachel had the tent to ourselves. We kissed and watched the moon for a while and fell asleep. This morning was supposed to be a relaxing time for me since we weren’t leaving until 8:30pm tonight, but T&C decided that it would be best if we did another 5min. takedown of the tent/ bags packed/ checkout/ find a travel agency. So I blew up. I am so sick of their shit I can taste it. Nothing is good enough for them. So, of course, we (me & Rachel) get the ass end of it. We got to listen to it, and get blamed for everything. And if they rip on me & Rachel for kissing one more time I’m going home early. I hate their fucking faces. I just want to be home by my friends- except with Rachel.
We swam in the sea for what will probably be the last time today, so we layed [sic] and kissed in the water until our skin was completely fried. No prob!
Tonight we leave for Athens again to check on Turkey prices. It’s not looking good! I wanted to see Paros because it’s supposed to have a shitload of butterflies but we can’t anymore. We were supposed tonight. Oh well. It’s not the 1st time I’ve been disappointed on this trip…
Rachel is constantly thinking that I am mad at her but it’s just that I am so sick of traveling at this point that just thinking of Frank’s Pizza Palace brings me to a full climax right now. God do I miss Bob and co. But I want to stay here only because of her. I will miss her so much. So I will battle it through just for her- but T&C aren’t helping the war. They’re the ones I’m fighting. C’est pas grave!
{Sadly, the group of friends back home I spoke so much about had practically disintegrated that summer. I spent one evening sipping coffee with three of them shortly after my return and to my knowledge it was the last time I ever stepped foot in that place.}

No comments:

Post a Comment